*** DISCLAIMER *** This post is intended for entertainment purposes only. Actually following these rules with alcohol could impede your ability to live until the end of the coaching search, whenever that may be.
We know the past few weeks have been pretty frustrating to Panther fans everywhere. We had a coach, he was forced to resign. We hired a new coach, he was arrested on felony domestic battery charges. Somewhere in there we had a Top 25 recruiting class, now we don’t even have 1/2 the kids to fill our recruiting class. So to lighten the mood, relieve some tension and stress, and to make the BBVA Compass more enjoyable for all, we have created the Pitt Coaching Search Drinking Game.
The rules are simple, if any of the following rules are met, take the specified number of drinks:
1 drink if ESPN mentions former or potential Head Coaches. The list includes:
- Dave Wannstedt
- Mike Haywood
- Kevin Sumlin
- Todd Graham
- Al Goldin
- Dana Holgorsen
- Tom Bradley
- Sal Sunseri
- Teryl Austin
- Paul Chryst
- Mario Cristobal
- Greg Roman
- Bud Foster
1 additional drink for Mike Haywood if ESPN:
- Shows him at his Pitt press conference
- Shows him walking into/out of court
- Shows him mugshot
- Details his arrest
- Shows a timeline graphic of his 16 days as Head Coach
2 drinks if ESPN compares Mike Haywood to:
- Mike Price and his brief tenure at Alabama (1 additional drink if they say the word “strippers”)
- George O’Leary and his brief tenure at Notre Dame
1 drink if ESPN mentions a new rumor started by a local news outlet during the game
If we hire a coach during the game:
- DRINK A LOT
The BBVA Compass Bowl Opponent Bonus!
- 1 drink if ESPN mentions that Kentucky fired their Defensive Coordinator
- 1 drink if ESPN mentions that Kentucky suspended their Quarterback
The Jamie Dixon Double Bonus!
- Should you switch to the Pitt/Marquette basketball taking place at the exact same time as the second half of the bowl game and hear any one of the above mentions, DOUBLE the specified drinks.